Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Disappearing

Where is everyone??  I include myself in that appeal.  I've neglected this poor blog, but I pledge to do so no longer.

Goals for the winter/spring:

1. Increase readership of this blog.
2. Increase publication to this blog (let's go, ladies. Marissa has been carrying it solo recently!).
3. Strengthen my core muscles and legs.

My arms also need strengthening, but I feel like it's harder to get my legs where I want them to be.  I'm not sure why.  So I want to focus more on core and lower body and incorporate upper body but not as intensively.  Tennis will give me work in all those areas, so I will be playing once per week at minimum.

I also really, REALLY, want to train for a 5k this spring.  I did one last year but I ended up walking/running (mostly walking).  This year, I'd like to reverse the ratio.  I think I can do it. Do you?

Tips? Advice? Encouragement?

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty disappointed in my own absence, both from here and the gym. All I've really been doing is ultimate frisbee, which is not nearly enough.

    After months without a job, I've found it really hard to get into a good routine when I come home from work for the day--don't want to go work out during 'rush hour', but can't get myself moving when I wait 'til later.

    Am thinking about paying either for a few personal training sessions or a thing where they'll make you a workout plan and you do it on your own because I think I just need structure/plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should write plans for each other! Personal trainers are so expensive. I love structuring plans for myself and others; I'm just bad at following through with them :) Also, I understand how you feel about coming home from work and not feeling like working out. I'm always so exhausted after a long day that usually I only work out on my "short" days. That's why I want to start exercising in the morning... but I don't want to get up insanely early. There's a trade-off either way, I guess!

    ReplyDelete