Monday, May 9, 2011

Outdoor workouts and V8

Hey, all. Been a while for me (and for all of us!). Hope you're all working out happily and successfully. As for me, well, the past semester wreaked havoc on my well-laid plans, as usual. I had a really good streak of workouts going in February, but then I came down with a nasty virus that kept me in bed for several days and without energy for over a week. It was all downhill from there.

Last month I got in a few hours of exercise here and there. Last week I lifted some weights, and today I walked 5 miles briskly outdoors (including lots of hills). So I'm pleased with this upward trend.

Usually the summer months offer the best chance for me to get in shape simply because of all the outdoor opportunities. I love fast-paced walks in the park (with several stops for lunges and stretching along the way), tennis, frisbee, playing catch, anything that gets me moving and in the sun. I haven't cycled outdoors in years but hope to start up with that again this summer. Give me a beach, and I'll play paddle ball for hours.

What are your favorite outdoor activities in the summer months?

In addition to lots of activity this summer, I'm also making renewed efforts at eating well. I'm currently hooked on V8 fusions -- a delicious juice blend containing fruits and vegetables. My flavor of choice is strawberry banana, but mango peach is also good. There are lots of others to choose from.

Today at the store I bought some all-natural whole grain cereal, salad ingredients, a red pepper, watermelon, pomegranate apple juice, low-fat yogurt, peanut butter, wheat crackers, and... okay, I'll admit it, Nutella.

How are you all doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment