Thursday, October 28, 2010

Little Things

Sometimes I forget that being active on a daily basis IS a workout.  For the past couple of months, I've felt down because I haven't pencilled workouts into my daily schedule like I used to.  The longer you go without such a routine, the harder it is to get back into it.  No surprises there.  But I'm determined to get back to where I used to be and get my body to be healthier than ever.

Even so, I think it's okay to consider daily activities as part of a fitness routine.  I've incorporated small things.  I now try to park at the far end of parking lots (except late at night in desolate areas, duh).  I never take the elevator anymore (my office is on the fourth floor, almost 60 stairs to get there).  Most days I walk somewhere for lunch or coffee on my breaks.  It all adds up, right?

I've also been adding more fruits, vegetables, and calcium into my diet.  Kiwi is my latest favorite fruit. 


I keep it simple.  I slice the kiwi into rings and then the rings into halves, combining them with sliced strawberries for a perfectly delicious and simple fruit salad.

Eating such a snack each day in place of, say, chocolate mousse, is a little thing, but it's something I can realistically commit to doing.  So I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment