Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting out of the Doldrums

I haven't posted since pretty much the beginning of this blog, so I thought I better at least say something.

I was in quite a serious exercise funk for a few months where the only thing I'd really accomplish was ultimate frisbee once a week. This is partially due to my job--it's not a particularly strenuous job, but I was unemployed for quite awhile before getting it, so I was spoiled by daytime hours at the gym. It's very hard for me to want to go to the Y right when I get home because I know it will be ridiculously crowded. BUT, if I wait awhile until it clears out, then it's hard to convince myself to leave the house. Especially in this wintery season where it's probably dark and extremely cold.

I'm happy to say that I've gotten through the doldrums--I went to the Y this past Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday and have every intention of heading out again tonight.

What broke my laziness spell was something that I think can help everyone--another person being involved. Saturday morning, I sent a text to two friends asking if they wanted to meet up. They agreed. So, there was no turning back. Well, I could've still backed out, but not without feeling like a huge jerk.

When we met up, they admitted that they probably wouldn't have come if not for me, so it was good motivation for all of us.

Now, I just need to keep it up!

1 comment: